Wednesday 21 January 2015

Talking about it

This, I hope, will be a short one. I'm not really feeling up to a long post.

Today I am dragging myself through writing, just desperately trying to get some daylight into my head. I've had a rollercoaster couple of days. Some really good, positive things happened yesterday, but I had quite a hard day the day before. Today, I am overtired and disappointed in myself (I missed an opportunity this morning because I underestimated my need for sleep yesterday). So, I am writing down how I feel in a bid to... I've tried so many analogies - precipices, holes, despair-filled metaphors - none of them fit because this isn't like that. This is just grey and foggy. Oh well. Blah.

I have things on the horizon to look forward to, so today is about trying not to wallow, and trying to centre in now and tomorrow, rather than previous mistakes. This is easier said than done, but as I'd thought, writing it down has at least made me feel a bit better.

My positive thought for the day is this: talking about it helps. If you can't talk, write. Get it out of your head, even if all you're sharing it with is the ether.

If you are a person who thinks someone in their life might be struggling with a period of 'blah', try to be understanding. It's not always easy to articulate what the problem is, but while it's happening, it feels rotten. I, for example, am too tired to do much. And yes, exercise would help if I could bring myself to do it. The friends I have who really know what it's like don't tell me what I ought to be doing. They listen, or they distract me with fun things that are happening for them. Just because someone is depressed/low/blah doesn't mean they don't want to hear about nice things every now and again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment